Friday, July 15, 2011

Ace flag bracelet

[Image description: A right hand, palm down, against a wood background. The tips of the fingers are not visible. There is a thin, plain black ring on the middle finger. At the bottom of the photo, there are three bracelets on the wrist. One is made of knotted string in stripes of black, grey, white and purple, the colors of the ace flag. The second is similarly made, in grey, bronze and blue. The third is made of braided beige string with seven small red beads.]


So I just wanted to share the ace bracelet I made recently. String friendship bracelets were really popular when I was a kid, and recently a few of my friends decided to revive the tradition, which gave me the idea to make one in the colors of the ace flag. Instructions are here if anyone else wants to make one. I used embroidery floss, which I believe can be purchased at most craft stores. For mine, I used 5-6 feet of floss and folded it in half to make a wider bracelet, which also gave me a convenient loop on one end for tying the bracelet to my wrist. You could also use yarn or any other type of string, although that will probably change the thickness of the bracelet.


You can also see my new black ring in this picture! I made one out of beads and string a few months ago, but I've been trying since then to find a real one. I bought this one at a tacky gift store while I was at the beach, along with a hematite one. They both seem kind of fragile, but they were cheap, so I'm not too concerned.


The second bracelet is one that my sister made for me in Ravenclaw colors, and the third is a good luck bracelet I bought at the beach.


ETA: I forgot to actually put in the link to the instructions. It is there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment